After a bit of fiddling around in order for me to gain access to the blog, we have had success! I am now able to log on and keep everyone updated on what is happening at the Junior Campus Library.
For those of you who haven’t met me just yet, I am the new Junior Library teacher. I am working alongside Mrs. Simkin teaching library this year. I am taking all the children from Piccino through to year 4 and Mrs. Simkin is taking the year 5 class.
I did send home an Aurasma video in week 1’s newsletter to introduce myself, but I thought it might be good to put it on here as well. Have a look at the uploaded document that describes how to use the trigger as well as load Aurasma on your apple or android device (it’s free).
I am going to quickly get up a few posts that show what each of the year levels has been up to. Some will be links, some will be Auras, some will include pictures; I will try and keep it ever-changing and interesting.
Here is the picture that will trigger my intro Aura. Once you download the Aurasma App and set up your account as explained in the below instructions, you can aim your device at the picture on your screen. No need to print these ones!
Instructions for setting up Aurasma:
- Download Aurasma via the App store or Google Play (Free!)
- Sign up with a user name and password you will remember.
- Go through the tutorial and at the end a small triangle will appear at the bottom of the screen on your device, click on this.
- You will then be able to see a magnifying glass which is the symbol for the search function. Click on this.
- In the search bar enter THAC Junior Library.
- This will bring up the Junior Library channel. Click on this.
- Once you are into THAC Junior Library channel, it will give you an option to follow the channel, click on Follow.
- Once you have done this, you will be able to click on the trigger provided. Once your phone registers the picture a video of Mrs. N will start playing right in front of you.